What are the qualification requirements for a reverse mortgage loan?
- Be 62 years of age or older
- Own the property outright or paid-down a considerable amount
- Occupy the property as your principal residence
- Not be delinquent on any federal debt
- Have financial resources to continue to make timely payment of ongoing property charges such as property taxes, insurance and homeowner association fees, etc.
- Participate in a consumer information counseling session given by a HUD- approved HECM counselor
The following eligible property types must meet all FHA property standards and flood requirements:
- Single family home or 2-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower
- HUD-approved condominium project
- Manufactured home that meets FHA requirements
- Income, assets, monthly living expenses, and credit history will be verified.
- Timely payment of real estate taxes, hazard and flood insurance premiums will be verified.
At First Nations Home Mortgage, we answer questions about reverse mortgages every day. For more information on reverse mortgage loan limits, eligibility requirements or reverse mortgage guidelines, contact First Nations Home Mortgage today.